Public Safety Alert
Date: April 1, 2019
Issue: Increase in Suspected Opioid Overdoses
Since January 2019 there has been a higher volume of suspected opioid overdoses in Brantford and Brant County. This past weekend we reached a critical level for overdoses and deaths from suspected opioids. The number of overdoses are more than double of those during the same period for 2018, and are comparable to 2017.
Illicit drugs like fentanyl and carfentanil are known to be circulating in the community. Know your drug, don’t use alone, and call 911 if you suspect someone is overdosing.
Naloxone kits and training are available from:
- Brant County Health Unit (194 Terrace Hill St.)
- St. Leonard’s Community Services (133 Elgin St. and 225 Fairview Dr., Unit 1)
- Towards Recovery Clinic (95 Darling St.)
- Colborne Street Clinic (349 Colborne St.)
- Rosewood House (42 Nelson St.)
- Many pharmacies in Brantford and Brant County
Please distribute this alert widely.
This Alert is provided by Brant County Health Unit in collaboration with Brant/Brantford Paramedic Service, Brantford Police Service, and St. Leonard’s Community Services.