COVID-19 Isolation Life “Hacks”
Staying at home or getting through the work week is not what it used to be. Everyone is facing new challenges every day. To help keep things on track, keep busy, or just stay motivated, check out these links with some great tips, resources, info and videos.
- Getting through the work week is… a challenge. TED Talks of course always has great informative and motivational videos available and they’ve created a playlist to help us all manage both now, and later. Click here to check it out.
- You’ve probably seen the rash of videos showing many ways to make your own face mask. Many of you are already adept at sewing and are doing amazing custom designs! If you struggle in this area (like we do), here’s a method using just an old t-shirt and hair elastics. No sewing required! You’re welcome.
- Though they may have been thinking about it, some preteens and teens have really just started asking questions or expressing feelings about what’s going on, out loud. Some younger children are now beginning to show some signs of worry, fear or sadness. For tips for talking about those feelings, Very Well Family posted this great article: How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Wish you could get a refresher on subjects now that you’re a teacher? Lucky for all of us, Crash Course has hundreds of quick and easy videos to give you just the brush up you need to teach history by this afternoon. We won’t tell. Oh, and you can use these with or for the kids too.
- Get those wiggles out! Go Noodle is a free service providing movement and mindfulness video games.
- If the kids (or you) are getting tired of the same old rudimentary colouring pages, visit Open Culture for access to hundreds of free downloadable colouring pages and books from world-class libraries and museums.
- The International Children’s Digital Library provides free access to an enormous collection of books for ages 3 to 13. Titles come from around the world in many languages, including Dutch, Farsi, English, Arabic and many more! Start browsing.
- Daily Hive has put together a fun video: “8 Fun Toddler Activities During Self Isolation“. It is useful, and adorable.