Brant FACS Foundation – What we do
The Brant FACS Foundation provides funding for:
Post Secondary Education Financial Assistance for past Brant FACS Crown and Society Wards
- Each year the Foundation assists with the cost of tuition, books and living allowance for many of our Wards or former Wards to continue their education—through university, college, apprenticeship opportunities or other recognized programs of study that enhance opportunities for meaningful employment and prepare students for a bright and successful future.
Summer Camp for Community Children
- Whether day-time or over-night, summer camps provide children with the opportunity to develop life-long skills, reconnect with nature, be physically active, and experience success. The Foundation provides funding for about 400 community children to attend a camp that is carefully matched to their individual interests and needs. It also provides funding for summer day camps to be offered in three Brantford neighbourhood centres – allowing an additional 100 local children to participate in a summer camp and create long lasting, positive memories.
Special community projects, programs and services :
- Teen Parenting
- Best Start
- Back to school carnivals and backpacks
- Welcome Baby Baskets
- Cooking Healthy meals
- After school programs
- Birthday Parties
- Drop in programs
- Guitar / band jams
- How to shop wisely
- Coffee houses and more!
- T. Dixon Moor Award – an annual award that is given to a past Crown Ward who has attained personal and vocational excellence
- Gordon Glaves Bursary – an annual grant that is awarded to the local Foster Parents Association to fund training for foster parents
- Arthur Binkley Award – an annual award that is presented to a community group or individual who has provided tremendous time, money and/or effort in support of Brant FACS and Brant FACS Foundation programs and services.